In March, 2013, independent comics publisher, Inverse Press, launched a Kickstarter.com fundraiser for motorcycle horror tale, Roadkill du Jour #1. The campaign was a massive success! All rewards from that effort are ALREADY fulfilled, and, now, Roadkill du Jour #2 (of a 4-issue series) is ready to rock the crowdfunding mega-platform at:
In Roadkill du Jour, writer Kevin LaPorte (Inverse Press’ Clown Town), artist Shawn Harbin (BSX22 Studios’ The Dungeon Comic), and colorist Laura Guzzo (Action Labs’ PrinceLess) portray the awful plight of a devastated biker afflicted with the curse to eat only that which dies on the road…and to then assume the traits of the very creature which he consumed. This biker, duJour, longs to recover the soul of his lost wife and gain vengeance against the voodoo witch who hexed him and murdered his gang. In this second chapter, he recruits avenging weapons in the forms of NEW misfit members of his Roadkill Motorcycle Club, all the while watched and warded by the witch, Mama Houdoo, and her legion of horrific minions!
Gun-toting, conjoined triplets! Wedding vows of death! Anthropomorphic biker catfish! Grenade-addicted pelicans! Soul-shredding owls of doom! ALL in Roadkill du Jour #2!
For the Roadkill du Jour #2 Kickstarter campaign, Kevin, Shawn and Laura are pleased to offer an array of cool specialty rewards, unique editions of the book, and incredible opportunities, including:
- · Kickstarter-Exclusive Cover Editions of Roadkill du Jour #2
- · Kickstarter-Exclusive Trading Cards featuring Key Characters
- · A Behind-the-Scenes Book featuring Production Secrets and In-Progress Art and Script for Various Phases of the project
- · Oversized (9.25” x 14”) “Treasury” Editions of Roadkill du Jour #2
- · Blank, SKETCH Cover Editions of Roadkill du Jour #2 featuring an Original Sketch by Series Artist Shawn Harbin
- · 9” x 12” Headshot Sketch Commissions by Laura Guzzo
- · 9″ x 12″ Full Body Sketch Commissions by Shawn Harbin
- · Opportunity to Feature YOUR Name in the “Credits” of the Movie Poster-Style, Kickstarter-Exclusive Cover to Roadkill du Jour #2
For readers new to the story, Roadkill du Jour #1 remains in print and may be added to rewards for the issue 2 Kickstarter campaign or purchased directly at http://inversepress.com!
Kickstarter allows creators to take funding – AND the projects thus created – directly to the fans! It’s as simple as signing up, choosing the reward(s) most appealing to you, and setting up secure payment through Amazon.com (EASY – especially if you already have an Amazon account).
Inverse Press publishes comics stories of the weird and horrific from the minds of writer Kevin LaPorte and artist Amanda Rachels and their collaborators. Active since 2010, Inverse has produced a variety of comics of different forms, including The Blind Eye, Clown Town, Flesh of White and Roadkill du Jour.
Kevin, Shawn and Laura are available for interviews by phone, Skype, chat or email, and promotional and sample art for Roadkill du Jour #2 is available upon request.