This year Small Press Day is dedicated to the memory of Steve Walsh, in appreciation of his huge contribution to championing the UK small press scene.
HOW TO TAKE PART IN-PERSON
Want to host an event in a shop or venue? All the details of how to here
Have your Small Press Day event all figured out? Let us know all the details here
To be included in this year’s SPD listings – please register your event with us via the link above by 6th August.
Poster by David Ziggy Greene
HOW TO TAKE PART ONLINE
Join us on Twitter with a hashtag #
- Shops: whats in your small press sections? Share your small press stock in videos and photos along with purchase links and the hashtag #SPDShopLocal
Join us and take part to champion the small press, shopping local, and your web stores with one hashtag.
- Artists and Makers: from 10am to 6pm, post four pages of your small press comic in one tweet with #SPDBFReview to receive a one tweet review from Broken Frontier’s Editor-in-Chief, Andy Oliver!
On Saturday 13th August, Andy will be by his laptop in his hat with his pencil ready to review self-published comics he’s not reviewed before *
Choose four of your strongest pages of visual storytelling and tweet him with a link to your online store. Andy will then quote tweet in reply with a one tweet review of your comic from @brokenfrontier!
Don’t forget to include #SPDBFReview. FAQs answered here
* We reserve the right not to cover content that may be considered inappropriate or harmful to our community.
- Community: artists and shops recommend a small press title that needs to be seen! Nominate by sharing photos and videos of work that needs a wider audience with the hashtag #SPDRecommends
Can be a friend’s or someone you admire from afar – lets together spread SPD love and community spirit on Saturday 13th August!
- Drink and Draw Online: a very special Small Press Day themed edition of the ever popular Gosh Comics and Broken Frontier Drink and Draw Online in the evening from 7.30pm. Open to all – more details coming soon.